Friday, January 4, 2013

KachinLand Flag Hang On North Grafton Academe Career Job Corps

His name is Yaw Yaw Hpaga or Tu Hkawng Saga I’m going to read his letter, and tell you about him. I’m from the Union of Burma Kachin State, it’s now call “Republic of Kachin Land, because we wanted to separate from the Burmese, because we have different hearts, and the things they do to our people, and violates our human rights, and other people that have different beliefs. The kachin people want freedom of democracy, and the Burmese want military junta. I was in the refugee Camp in Malaysia, because of the military junta. There’s a lot of Rights America have that we don’t. We don’t have freedom of speech, freedom of religion in south Burma. The Burmese destroyed our Churches, killing our children, sexually assaulting our women. The Burmese government tried to make Me a solider at a young age, but I escaped for my safety, and Found freedom In the United States of America. That’s why I am here today. I brought before you today, my lands flag; republic of Kachin Land and I will like to introduce my flags meaning: The color White means (Peace and Christianity). The color Red means courageous, hero, and never surrender to the enemy. The color Green means (Green Land, and Rich land). The two crossing swards means, (to protect our land, the Kachin people, and United). From today and forever this flag will hang in the cafeteria of Grafton Job Corps career Academy, with all The other nations’ flags including the United States of America, land of the free. The reason why I brought my flag of Kachin land is, because back in WW 2 the Japanese captured over 400 American soldiers in northern kachin. We risked our lives, and some died to rescue the American rangers the Japanese have captured as POW’s. The Japanese took control of our land, and made it into a battle ground. Then Kachin alliance with the American soldiers and fought the Japanese as well, and today I will like to remind the American people what We’ve done for this Country. As of now my land is helpless, but our God will help us in this war with the Burmese military, and hopefully to bring love, peace, and followed with human rights. Also, I will love to give a special Thanks’ to Dr. Ola Hanson; He was born June 25th 1864 in Ahus, Sweden. He’s the one who learned our language, and wrote the Kachin language, and Re-wrought the Bible In our language. Dr. Ola Hanson, is an American citizen, he died October 17th 1927 and is buried in Omaha. We also build a church for Dr. Ola Hanson after he passed away. Thank You Dr. Ola Hanson. Thank You America for educating me, I will tell my country about the good things you’ve did for me; I’m forever grateful. God Bless America and Kachinland. KachinLand Flag Hang On North Grafton Academe Career Job Corps By: Tuhkawng SagaTuhkawng Saga